Thứ Bảy, 20 tháng 10, 2018

Predicates

Định ngữ - Predicates


Simple predicates
His behavior has been outrageous.
That garbage on the street smells bad.
I walked the dog
I sing.
He was cooking dinner.
We saw the cat outside.
Anthony wrote to his friend.
They ate all the candy.
My aunt moved.
The house has a new roof.
Andrew threw the ball.
He is sad.

Compound predicates
He did homework and played video games.
She likes dolls but hates trains.
The mail was late but arrived later that evening.
He lives in Italy and speaks English and Italian.
We completed the project and won a prize.
She slept in and was late for work.
My sister fell and hurt her shoulder.
Mark broke his computer so borrowed one from his friend.
The cat chased the mouse and trapped it in the kitchen.
We shopped and ate lunch at the mall.
Adam lives in Bangor and speaks Welsh
The telegram was late but contained exciting news
The glacier melted, broke apart, and slipped into the sea.

Complete predicates
She is dancing on stage for the first time.
My family is arriving early tomorrow.
She was upset for a long time over the break-up.
I have been studying for hours.
We are going to the movies later.
My parents just finished repainting their house.
You were visiting us this time last year.
He has left his hometown for the big city.
The children believe in Santa Claus.
Our new puppy has been crying all night.